Pages

Monday 16 January 2012

Vintage Treasures...

 Yesterday I braved the cold for the first time since getting tonsillitis (AGAIN). It was our annual family iceskating trip to Porters Pie's in Covent Garden and Somerset House, which I just couldn't miss! I was only on the 2nd day of antibiotics so I made sure I snuggled up warm with a big leather panelled coat from H&M, some fluffy socks and boots (chemist and primark- stylish!), some snug Ugg mittens and a huge beautifully pattered blue scarf from Zara (which I brought in the sale the other day);


Now, in-between our lunch and iceskating we have some time to frolic around the streets of WC2. I wanted to head to the market and to Rokit, a vintage shop, in the Covent Garden lanes.
I used to visit Rokit all the time because I went through a stage of obsessing over Vintage when I was about 15! The familiarity hit me as I entered, the nostalgic smell of vintage clothes, the remnants, even artefacts, of great decades and lives which the clothes had lived through, ah how I'd missed it!

The last few times I'd been to Rokit I realised the store layout had changed a bit, with much more jewellery being sold. 
To be perfectly honest I never really associated vintage jewellery with Rokit, but that all changed after this shopping trip!
I had a mosey around as usual, plucking out a few things to try on, (I find it essential to try vintage clothes on as sizes are a bit hit and miss) BUT I did not love anything.  As I was about to admit defeat I began to look at the jewellery. I'm not sure if all the pieces are TRUE vintage costume jewellery, or the "recycled" thing that vintage shops sometimes do, but either way there were SO many stunning pieces for sale.
I am warming to necklaces more and more in my quest to step outside my comfort zone and experiment more with colour and pattern etc.. and these necklaces are just what I needed to push me to really start appreciating what a necklace can do to an outfit. 
The necklaces all priced at around £10-£20. 
There are SO many different style necklaces for sale so if you're looking for a really stunning piece of jewellery, perhaps Rokit is the place for you!
Here's a peek at what I decided on;





Lots of love
xo

1 comment:

  1. I love those necklaces! The 4th picture is my favourite!


    Have a great weekend,
    Manu Luize.
    http://manuluize.com

    ReplyDelete