Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

I am officially...

Sick of sales, its got to the point where all the nice clothes have been bought and all thats left is the things that no one wants. Also the in-between season stock really isn't doing it for me!
On a brighter note! I decided to snap myself out of the dullness of this time of year but injecting some colour into my outfits, (something which I am scared to do!)
I've never been so good at mixing colour and pattern to make wild and trippy outfits that still look fashionable. I'm more of a mix fabric textures and keep colours muted kind of girl. But I feel boring! 
Time for change!
For some reason I have been more inspired by patterns and colours as of late, seeing some photos my sisters boyfriend took in Morocco really made me realise just how beautiful colour and pattern can be.
I am really loving aztec prints, acid colours and generally things that I imagine look a bit like you've picked out whilst on an acid trip. I really, really want to master the art of wearing mismatching patterns and clashing colours and still making it look good, so with all that said and done..
I stepped my first baby step towards a life of 'psychedelic' mismatched fabulous fashion (cringe).
Although I know I have a long way to go, my first of two investments was a jumper from Topshop, the 
only thing that caught my eye in store (boo, hiss);


I also brought a necklace from Miss. Selfridge, I loved the contrast between the smooth sleek white and the spiky strong gold pieces. I like the jumper and the necklace together, I think it makes the outfit a bit more exciting!


My second purchase was from Primark, a pretty plain bright orange jumper. I love orange, I just love it! This is such a beautiful colour, I couldn't resist it.


Wish me luck on trying to conquer the art of colour and pattern! I know these outfits aren't very inventive with mixing colour and pattern, but hopefully I can experiment! 
If you have any tips for me please feel free to comment :) 
Lots of love
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment