Pages

Saturday 14 January 2012

I Feel it is Time..

To post about something other than what I am wearing!
I thought that I would quickly talk about my time in Western Australia and let you in on some of the hidden gems we found out there!
My absolute favourite place that we visited was the Margaret River Bakery!
It honestly serves some of THE most delicious comfort food I have ever tasted!
One morning I had French Toast with maple syrup poached pears and clotted cream and I can honestly say to you now, that it was the BEST breakfast I have ever consumed, ever.
Unfortunately I did not manage to get any photos that do this quirky cafe any justice as I was not armed with my D40, however, I will use my advanced English language skills to describe this wonderful place in graphic detail.....
When we fist entered the bakery which was set on a small hill amongst a few little shops on the main high street in Margret River, we were greeted by a rather enticing menu and even more enticing, wonderfully kitsch, mismatched furniture.  This place is honestly like you've stepped into a someones living room full of trinkets and clashing floral prints, but in the best way possible. The vibe is very relaxed and friendly and there are so many things to look at it could only be described as a visual feast!
We set up camp in a small nook on the decking area, it had two large antique sofas and a rocking chair. We were surrounded by small crochet artworks hanging from the walls and large vintage oil paintings hanging in ornate gold frames. The most fantastic thing of all about this nook was the ceiling! Hanging beautifully were 6 or 7 different style lampshades all clashing perfectly, covered in beading, patterns and dazzling bright fabric. I am aware this description does the place less justice than the photos would, alas! I am tracking some photos from flickr down of the place as I blog,
here are a few images of the Aladdin's Cave of bakeries;



No comments:

Post a Comment