Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Nottingham Calling...

Finally we escaped the town of Loughborough today, moving on from 23 pound shops and a 10ft x 10ft Topshop to a bigger and better city for a day, Nottingham. It has to be said, Loughborough is not a town for avid shoppers, so naturally I was delighted to escape its grasps and visit a real City.
Growing up on the outskirts of London you tend to take for granted the fashion and culture which is so close to you, I was used to popping into town and looking around all the titanic flagship stores in London, and finding quirky independent boutiques and cafes, so when I moved to little old Loughborough in the East Midlands it was quite the culture shock.
I am now so behind with all the trends because, frankly, it is extremely hard to look at the new season stock when there are hardly any shops to showcase it. I am left like a social recluse online shopping in my room.
Anyhow, today I got to see the new Topshop S/S 12 stock in REAL LIFE!
I have got to say I have not been so inspired in a long time, I absolutely love the pastel/ fluro trend, and also the slouchy pyjama tailoring.
I tried on a couple of dresses which I adored! Alas, they were £85 & £95 by Topshop Boutique, which I thought was stretching my budget for such simple pieces, although the silhouettes are delicate and rather beautiful;

 

The pastel colours were also perfect for spring and they could be accessorised with fluro-trimmed statement necklaces, bright lipstick and stacked heels, or dressed up with a huge fur coat, massive cocktail rings and litas for a bit of 1920's glamour and recycled forever, but, being a student, I don't have that kind of cash!
I really wish I could have styled the SS 12 collection for Topshop, I would have gone wild, it would have been beautiful!
Disappointingly I did not part with my cash for any of the new season offerings, I did however make a sale purchase of some rather hideous wide leg trousers;

















(sorry about the terrible quality). 
I know a lot of people will think they're vile, and I do a bit, but I sort of like them!
This is a ridiculously comfortable outfit, very slouchy tailoring, and I secretly love the colour of the trousers. I think I will leave this outfit to wear once i'm back in London and feeling courageous.

I also brought some nail varnishes from H&M in various hues of blue;


And that is is, from the evidence it looks like a rather unsuccessful shopping expedition, but I had a lovely day and really enjoyed looking around shops that we are deprived of here in Loughborough, I also had a wonderful breakfast at Queenies Bakehouse, I will leave you with some photos;




P.S.
As this is my first 'proper' attempt of blogging from Loughborough and there aren't many scenic backdrops for outfit of the days (and I do an art foundation, so most days I wear things that I won't cry over if paint is spilt of them) I am trying to work out a way to get some photos of my more thought about outfits. I also need to remind myself to take more photos to post! So please excuse my recent, rather lacklustre, posts. I am working on it!

Lots of Love
xo

3 comments:

  1. i lived in loughborough until i was ten and then moved to nottingham, i go back quite often but like you say there is a pathetic lack of shops there!! makes me glad my family moved!
    queenies bakehouse looks so cute! i've never noticed it, where abouts is it?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh really?!
    Yeah, Loughborough isn't very exciting if I'm honest!
    But, some areas around Loughborough are actually really nice,
    queenies is next to Nottingham train station, if you follow the exit to the trams and come down those steps its just opposite :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i thought it was in loughborough!! i think i know where it is now, is it in the place where they used to hold vintage fairs? the art place, i can't remember the name of it for the life of me! x

    ReplyDelete